Monday, July 2, 2007

Continental (MSY-IAH-BWI) First Class


I recently flew Continental Airlines to Washington, D.C., and boy was I impressed! Ticketing agents in New Orleans were kind and professional; they also kept up a very efficient pace, which is rare these days. FA's on board the Houston-Bound 737-700 were very attentive and personable. The aircraft had video screens, but the flight was too short to show anything (1hr 15min). Once I arrived in Houston, I had a good three hours to pass until my D.C.-bound flight departed. I basically sat at the gate watching Fox News until our flight began boarding. Once on board, pre-departure beverages were distributed quickly and efficiently. The 737-500 pushed back from the gate about five minutes early, so it was good to know that I'd be getting in to Washington on time for my conference. Sadly, the 737-500 did not have video screens, so I basically played my PSP for the duration of the flight. Meal orders were taken shortly after takeoff. We had a choice of either a Turkey Burger or a Salmon salad. Once the FA reached my seat, though, she informed me that they had run out of the turkey burgers and the salad was the only thing available. Being extremely hungry (as always), I opted for the salad. The salad was good, but nothing to write home about. The meal came with a small chocolate and cream of mushroom soup. I'd say that it was all pretty enjoyable. Before I knew it, we were preparing for landing in Baltimore, MD. After arriving, I met up with some other kids attending the jrNYLC (my conference) and walked to the baggage claim. Overall, Continental Airlines provides excellent service, especially in First Class. I'd recommend Continental to anyone for their travel needs.

No comments: